The Telangana Elections 2023 took place on November 30, with a voter turnout of 8.52% recorded till 9am.
The elections were significant as they marked the first time that a home voting facility was provided to persons with disabilities and voters above 80 years of age. A total of 103 legislators were re-contesting, including 22 women and one transgender candidate.
Key events during the election process include:
- A scuffle broke out between groups of workers of Congress, BJP, and BRS at a polling station in Jangaon. The situation was brought under control with Police intervention.
- The home voting facility was successfully implemented, with voters expressing satisfaction.
- The Telangana Elections 2023 saw an interesting trend, with IT employees facing difficulty due to many IT companies not declaring holiday.
- BJP MP K Laxman and his family queued up to cast their votes.
- Telangana Elections 2023: BJP leader Brajesh Pathak stated that the party is ready to bloom ‘lotus’ in Telangana.
- AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi indicated that the Telangana Elections 2023 could be a precursor to the 2024 parliamentary elections